Sunday 18 February 2007

Mum

If you are a horny reader hoping to bump into me one day in the MRT when I'm not wearing a bra, I have bad news for you. Mum is catching on to my new free-and-easy lifestyle. And she is not happy with it. And I'm not happy because she won't let me do this during CNY.

I usually wash my bras once a week and she noticed that she is not seeing a lot of my bras on the clotheslines these days. She is not buying my story of how I wear the same bra on 2 or 3 days because I'm not out of the house for long and I'm too lazy to keep changing and washing them. I do wear a bra in school, most days, just that I have to wear a top that can hide my boobs (some of my favourite tops can't), and I will sometimes put on the bra only when I reach campus and remove it before I leave. So sometimes one can last me 2 days. See I'm not lying! I do wear my sports bras too, for my gym sessions once or twice a week and I will wash them after that. But I don't usually wear them the whole day as they are too tight and uncomfortable.

To be frank, I'm not always so free and easy in school, not wanting to attract too much attention from people I have to face everyday. And I don't like to wear shapeless tops that downplay my breasts everyday. Most of my favourites need a bra inside so I don't look obscene. And I definitely wear bras when working on projects with guys. In fact I don't even wear miniskirts to school often for the same reason, just that I have more to write on my blog when I do. I'm not telling her about my blog of course, or the things that I can only tell you as Jenny. Maybe she will get used to all these after some time.

The thing is, Mum caught me coming home without a bra last Saturday so I had to confess to not wearing one "sometimes" when going out on weekends but I told her I always choose a suitable top that is not too revealing and wear nipple stickers and bring a jacket to cover up. I didn't bring a bra with me on Saturday, but I took all of the above precautions, fortunately, and she can't really see much.

She says that a big girl like me should know to feel shameful about not wearing a bra. What is the problem? It is not as if I'm topless! I'm still wearing a t-shirt, just that I'm not wearing a bra underneath. I'm not baring my boobs! There are only my parents at home with me and I don't think I need to be so modest when with my family. It is actually very common for girls of my generation to not wear a bra when at home, just a t-shirt will do. She is not too happy that I don't wear bras when at home but as long as I put one on when we have guests and when I go downstairs she keeps quiet about it. I don't mind not having the additional support. And as for when I'm going out.... well I think it is ok as long as I'm careful... I'm practically braless the whole weekend.

I'm not telling her this, but I already have guys staring at my chest even when I'm wearing a bra anyway and I'm used to it so let them stare when I'm not wearing one. It's all about comfort and a lifestyle choice. And I will usually either wear nipple stickers or bring a jacket, sometimes both. Most of the time I just choose a top that is safe to wear when going braless these days so I need not be so self-conscious, unlike the earlier days when I was showing off in white tops. You must be really lucky if you saw something you weren't supposed to. I still wear a bra inside when the top is really too thin or opening too big (risky!) or if it is white coloured.

I think she is not going to stop me as long as I take all these precautions. She didn't like me wearing g-strings, but now she closes one eye. Perhaps in time she will get used to this also. There are some benefits to not wearing a bra all the time. I told her about these, except for the last point:

1. It makes me behave in a more ladylike manner. I don't wave my hands around as much when I talk these days.
2. I don't feel itchy on hot days and scratch there, which is quite unsightly.
3. It is supposed to reduce the chances of getting breast cancer because toxins don't accumulate as much when the breasts are not trapped.
4. Spend less time and water on washing my bras.
5. Spend less money. Do you have any idea how expensive good bras are?
6. My boobs are more accessible. =P

Other than that, happy CNY to all my Chinese readers!

No comments: