Tuesday 27 March 2007

Night run in big T-shirt

I went on another night run again, finally. More of a stroll actually. I was in a big t-shirt, the kind that is so long it covers my shorts. The kind that might just leave you wondering if I'm wearing shorts inside. But of course people always wear shorts inside, who will come out of the house in just a t-shirt? So who will really take a second look and realise I'm not wearing anything inside?

I usually do my night runs later at night, not while the shops are still open and people are still out. I walked into a supermarket in just a t-shirt and slippers tonight. Almost as soon as I stepped into the store, they announced that the store is closing soon and the shoppers were more interested in choosing their groceries and queueing up than looking at a young girl in a black t-shirt. I didn't bring any money with me, no place to keep it anyway. Only my phone that I'm holding. Maybe next time I will actually join the queue and hope nobody notice that I'm bare underneath.

A friend called and we chatted as I strolled back to where I had left my bra, shorts and panties. Neatly folded at the staircase of a HDB block, waiting for me to reclaim and put on before I go home. I'm feeling so relaxed and free dressing like this. Very therapeutic walk to the supermarket. Not exactly retail therapy, but I feel much better afterwards.

No comments: