Monday 21 May 2007

Bali

I just came back from a short trip to Bali, where it is not uncommon to see topless women tanning on the beach. But as far as I can see, they are mostly Caucasians. I guess my friends and I stood out a little.

I was a little shy initially, when removing my bikini top. Though we have been friends for years, this is the first time I'm showing my breasts to my friends. But I dared to do this only because they are all girls, no guys! I wasn't going to miss the chance after having waited for months for this hols when we finally made it to Bali! I finally got the chance to tan my boobs publicly. That's something I will never get to do in Singapore. They teased me about my erected nipple and I had to think of something else so i won't be so excited. That was quite embarrassing.

Somehow I was less bothered that other tourists at the beach could see. I don't think it is anything they haven't seen before at this beach. Nobody's behaving as though there is anything wrong, no cameras came out, no looks of disgust. Yes I have gotten stares back home from some aunties and uncles who are sharp enough to notice that I was walking around town without a bra underneath my t-shirt. And it is not safe for me to untie my bikini top at most places, when I'm suntanning lying down on my chest. Over here it was just a few admiring looks, smiles and hellos from other tourists. It was liberating. And I felt comfortable and at ease.

We did some water sports that left me aching a little. Especially since I have just recovered from another flu attack. So the massage helped a lot to remove the pains. It was my first massage and I wasn't sure what to expect and was halfminded about wearing a thong with a bikini top. That was what I saw in a youtube video I got from a reader when I told him I will be getting a massage at Bali. I almost got conned. Luckily I went with friends who were more experienced than me and they recommended a normal bikini.

My friends had known that I liked to go out braless, though only one other also did so back home. But now that we are tourists in a holiday spot, anything goes! It might be their only chance to ever go shopping without our bras underneath! I wonder if it helped our bargaining skills when we were buying souvenirs from the roadside stalls. Hehe.

Oh I'm missing Bali already!

No comments: