Thursday 26 April 2007

Vertical marathon

One of the good things about staying in HDB flats is that I can run up and down the staircase to get some exercise during rainy seasons. It keeps me out of the rain, tones up my thighs and butt, but is also very tiring and I need a good sports bra to support my assets. Want to make a guess what else I wore?

You know how bored I was with just walking along HDB corridors and walking down the stairs to the next floor on my night runs. Bright yellow boyshorts that will never pass off for sports shorts up close, seductive lace panties with lots and lots of frills, I feel like a lingerie model, sultry and totally desirable as I catwalk along the corridors. But I need to do something new. Sure the antics get my pulse racing but I hardly even perspire from physical exertion. I used to be quite sporty, it was a sign of how little I have been exercising recently when I couldn't finish a run up 25 floors. Hardly a vertical marathon and I'm already wiped out.

I went back to that point block near the supermarket where I had walked around in a big t-shirt and little else. I jogged over in my usual sports attire to warm up, looking very decent. It was quiet and peaceful as usual, with a flight of stairs that face an open field. There is nobody at the other side to see me so I should be safe once I get up to the second floor. I pulled down my sports shorts and bared my cheeks. Oh they are damp, but not that kind of wetness. This is honest perspiration from the jog here. It was much cooler running with my shorts off. Dri-fit can never cool me as much as bare skin can. If I had my way, I would do all my serious running in just thongs and sports bra. Not the lacy see-thru kind of thong, that is just for show and for fun. The type that is made of a synthetic material, plain in design and very good at stretching and moving with the skin is very good for exercising. And very importantly, it will not chafe your skin.

I was initially cautious when I ran up, looking up and down, checking the corridors, trying to be sure that if someone comes down the stairs in front of me, I will be able to run back down and evade them before they saw my bare ass. Obviously I couldn't keep this up forever and was staggering up to the next floor before too long. Running on the treadmill in the gym is very different from running a vertical marathon! My stamina didn't last as long as I remembered. What if somebody follows me up from behind? Well, he will be getting a good view. I can no longer be sure that I can still evade him... but fortunately it did not happen.

On the top floor, I walked to and fro between the 4 units to dry off my buns and my legs. They were really hot now and wearing just a thong really helped me cool them off more quickly. I should do this more often! After all, the doors are closed and nobody was bothered by me. I even did some warming down stretches there to unkink my stressed muscles before I wore back my shorts. Why, did you think I left my shorts downstairs? No, I didn't want to be caught with my pants down when I take the lift down to collect them. I will be helpless if there is someone outside the lift door.

No comments: