Monday 2 April 2007

Qing Ming

Went with family to do Qing Ming duties yesterday. For the benefit of the few non-Singaporean readers I have, this is a Chinese custom to visit the cemetery or temple where we keep our ancestors' remains and pay our respects.

The weather is as bright and sunny as it usually is everytime we go, every year. The weather is lovely for a day at the beach in a bikini, but when I need to look decent in front of relatives? I hate it. I wore a halter top and denim mini so that I can look decent while keeping cool. There is after all no air con at such places. Mum would not hear of me going without a bra so I had to put on a bikini top again. I seldom wear a bikini as a bra because it gives less cleavage than normal bras. If I'm to be showing any cleavage at all I would usually wear a normal bra, to look nicer and to prevent accidents when I bend over. Or I will just go braless and be more comfortable if my nipples are at no risk of peeping out without me knowing.

There was a woman in a batik dress at the temple, looking like she is in her late 30s. Batik is a fabric that breathes well, and usually not too thick, so I suppose she found it comfortable on a hot day. She had an inner layer under her skirt for modesty but it was still not opaque enough when she is standing there with the sun shining through her skirt. She was wearing boyshorts or more likely oversized auntie-style panties and I could clearly see the outline of her crotch. I wonder if she knew how clearly her underwear could be seen. I feel sorry for her. After all I would never intentionally show off when wearing that, but I can't speak for her. I'm seeing more than I want to, but I don't see how I can go up to her and tell her.

But that reminds me of my sarong skirt which I had been neglecting. Time to dig it out and bring it to town. You can be sure I will be wearing something skimpier inside. I don't think the skirt is so thin, but it is better to ask B if he can see as much. It is fun to wear and the opening can go high up the leg.

No comments: